Monday, August 4, 2008

Vacation

Boy how the time flies. I just can't seem to keep up on my blog. Lots of things have happened in the past little while. One weekend my mom went out to pick up my niece and nephew and they hung out for the weekend which was a lot of fun. Brandon and Jessen don't get a long super well yet, but they are still cute together. Brandon loves to swing at Grandma's house.

In the middle of July we went to a family reunion with Ben's family which was a lot of fun.

At the end of the month we went down to Las Vegas with my sister Emily and her husband, Derek. We stayed with Derek's family and they have a pool. Brandon loved to go swimming, the whole time we were there he probably swam at least once a day. We had so much fun.

While we were in Vegas we got to go to The Phantom of the Opera, which was SO good. We had amazing seats and it was spectacular. We also went to the Mirage to see the Secret Garden and Dolphin habitat, the bad part is that Ben and I forgot our camera, so we don't have any pictures of it. While we were there we walked underneath to see the dolphins swimming and Brandon said "uh...habit" (that's have it), he wanted the Dolphin so bad. When we got to the top Ben was holding Brandon over by the water and he saw the dolphins swimming and said, "in there" and tried to take off his shirt so he could go swimming with them. Very cute!

Another fun thing that happened while we were in Vegas was that Derek's dad is a police officer and works special events when they need him to. He was working a Toby Keith concert and called and said that he could get us in. Emily said that she would watch Brandon so Ben and I went with Derek's mom and sister. It was a lot of fun. While we were gone Brandon got to go swimming yet again with Derek.

After Vegas Ben and I went to Cedar City to watch a play at the Shakespearean Festival. Ben took a Film/Drama class and got to go to 3 different plays there and really wanted me to get to watch "The Taming of the Shrew", so on our way back we went. It was a really good play.
This July has been really full of fun things to do!

4 comments:

Tamaran said...

Cute pics! Brandon is getting so big. I'm jealous of you going to Phantom-that is on my life to-do list. Sounds like you had a great month.

Rhonda said...

Sounds like you have been busy! I love the picture of the swings- it looks like it should be in a magazine! Glad to hear you are having a good summer.

Sharene said...

Sounds like fun. I'm excited for when Brielle can say cute things!

Melanie Allen said...

I'm really being bad at keeping in touch. It sounds like you've had an awesome summer! I just updated my blog.