Wednesday, March 5, 2008

ER


If only I were talking about the television show... Yesterday morning I couldn't get Brandon to take a nap when I needed to shower so I let him shower with me, which usually isn't a big deal anyway. Well he was standing up and lost his footing and slipped :( He landed right on his chin and sliced it open as well as biting his tongue. Boy was it a crazy moment because here I am in the shower all wet and still having conditioner in my hair and Brandon is bleeding in his mouth and from his chin. So what do I do? Well I wasn't thinking at all so I just turned off the water and climbed out and held Brandon while I went looking for my phone to call Ben (of course I was still dripping wet). Finally I found the phone and called Ben (luckily he just works around the corner). While I was waiting for him to come home and help me I sat Brandon on our vanity and cleaned him off and saw that we were probably going to have to go get stitches, and then covered his chin with a band-aid.
We ended up going to the ER and luckily the Dr. was able to basically just super glue it back together. Brandon is such a good boy he handled things probably better than I did. Wow what a day!

1 comments:

Rhonda said...

aww-poor kid! It sounds like the worst thing to see your kids get hurt...plus the ER is never a fun place to be.